Saturday, June 28, 2008

Learn by Flashcard

Hi,

My name is Dan. I'm 25. This is my blog about learning language. I'm currently an Applied Linguistics ( + Business supply & logistics) major, and finishing my second year of Persian (Farsi, فارسی) at Portland State University.

At one point I was conversational in Pashto--one of the two chief languages of Afghanistan. At another point I was studying Japanese, and Spanish.

My goal with this blog is to record effective methods to learn foreign languages, highlight and review current language learning methods, mark my progress with the various languages--and linguistic methods--and offer any insights I have along the way.

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible, and hope to eventually create my own language learning system, which I'll then test on whatever language I'm trying to learn at that time. Every time I try learning a new language, the mothods being employed don't seem to work. So I'm going to be stubborn and find a better way to learn a new language. It's a gradual progress, so here I go...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How nice! I just want to learn how to read and write. Well you have methods of how to write in Persian?

Darius137 said...

Yes!

I will eventually post a post devoted entirely to how to write in Persian, the differences between the Perso-Arabic scripts and the Pashto-Arabic scripts and list sites which will hopefully help.

I think in the long term I'd like to put up a tutorial on learning the letters, though this will have various stages of completion and will take some time.